Australian insurance companies looking to enable quick and efficient change management when dealing with severe weather events will get peace of mind with our Embargo Service.
Our embargo alerting team monitors events 365 days per year in conjunction with our Meteorologists, providing quick and efficient event information allowing you to enforce an embargo either immediately (automatic) or almost immediately (manual).
We assist by:
- reducing potential loss from new insurance requests in threat areas
- removing the need for your personnel to focus time and money on threats and events which may occur at any time, particularly outside of normal working hours.
These warnings contain additional information such as postcode areas and dwelling numbers likely to be impacted.
What is an Embargo Service?
An embargo service provides significant weather map threats and severe weather forecast warnings affecting specific areas using integrated real-time notifications via API or email/SMS.
Embargo areas can be identified specifically by addresses, postcodes or suburb names so that no new insurance policies can be taken out in these areas until we issue an All Clear alert. It also means that organisations:
- do not need to go looking for weather information during peak call times
- do not alert wider areas unlikely to be affected by the weather event.
Why Should Insurance Companies Choose EWN's Embargo Service?
With Early Warning Network's Embargo service, our staff are a mix of Meteorologists and specially trained severe weather and natural hazard operators, on call 24/7. We use our in-house built Geographic Information Notification System (GNIS), the most advanced of its kind in Australia.
This means that you can be reassured that:
- Your organisation will have 365-day access to our Alerting Operations team who monitors weather events and hazards across Australia.
- The GNIS allows for polygons to be drawn on maps with only those users inside the polygon receiving the alert
- Our system is accurate to 1 metre and can send thousands of alert messages in seconds.
How are Embargo Levels Categorised?
The table below outlines the three stages of embargo levels that we have in place:
Our system is accurate to 1 metre and can send thousands of alert messages in seconds.
How Does An Embargo Alert Look Like?
The snapshot below outlines what information an embargo alert will display (only part of the message is displayed):
You'll have access to our 24/7, 365 day alerting operations team who monitor weather events and hazards across Australia
How Much Does An Embargo Service Cost?
We offer a Standard Embargo Monthly Subscription that includes:
- 365-day embargo monitoring,
- embargo alerts issued via email /SMS or API,
- embargo alert reporting system access including 10-year archive,
- CAT level event Meteorologist phone support.
We use our in-house built Geographic Information Notification System (GNIS), the most advanced of its kind in Australia.
Contact us for pricing options for your insurance company today or call 0493 412 013 to speak to one of our team.